Week 14 Review: Technology 101 skills for teachers, a blog post by Shelly Fryer.
Shelly Fryer is a multitasking woman who is living the dream. On top of playing the role of the author, advocate for children, and speaker, Kelly is a teacher at Positive Tomorrow's. Positive tomorrow's is a generous elementary school for homeless children. She is also involved with A Pluse schools, which focus on intergrating the arts into and across the curriculum.
How to integrate iPads into an elementary classroom:
- The teacher should have their own iPad along with how to use it.
- know which apps are appropriate for students developmental levels and needs.
- Know vocabulary terms for iPad and apps. For example; sharesquare, hamburger, save to camera roll, screenshot, and photo roll.
- Need encouragement and support to create channels for saving and sharing student digital projects.
- Be familiar with "Show What You Know".